1. Buy a suede brush at a shoe store
These specialized brushes have a small wire implement and bristle that helps keep suede's natural nap.
2. Use a rubber pencil eraser to remove scuffs and smudges on the surface of the suede
3. Brush the shoes all over with a suede brush
Brush in 1 direction
4. Remove stains on the shoes
· If your suede shoes have got wet, remove excess liquid with a paper towel. Then, allow them to dry naturally. Brush the shoes with a suede brush after they have dried.
· If your suede shoes have grease spots, apply talcum powder to the stain. Rub it deep into the stain. Then, allow it a few hours to dry. Brush with a suede brush to remove the grease.
5. Apply a silicone based spray to weatherproof suede shoes
· This should be done immediately after they are purchased, and again each year. Waterproofing leather shoes is one of the easiest ways to extend the life of your shoes while preserving their quality and value.
· To apply sprays, hold the can 6 inches from your shoes and spray an even coat over them. Allow them to dry completely.
6. Store suede shoes in the open air
You may want to use a shoe tree. Give them time to air out in between wearing them.
Shoetrees are essential to the long-term maintenance of well-crafted shoes. Their purpose is to stretch the shoe flat after each wearing in order to prevent the natural bowing that occurs as a result of wear. This helps minimize wrinkles across the vamp and maintain the shape of the shoe. In addition, cedar shoetrees help wick away moisture and combat odor.
________________________________________________________________________Check out our website for formal and casual footwear. Free shipping within Malaysia and discounted shipping in Singapore. Also available at Zalora - www.marketplace.zalora.com.my